Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recommended Reading for Beginner Audio Engineers



I would like for people to think of this blog, at least as of now, as an excellent source of all things audio related for beginners. In my belief, music has been plagued with over-production, sloppy and lazy work by both musician and engineers, etc. The trade of audio engineering needs to be refined in a huge way.

It begins at the earliest levels of recording and as I progress through my education I hope to share my beliefs and philosophies of recording here with you as I grow. I intend to provide a valid platform of discussion and professionalism that will reflect the exemplary education I am currently receiving at Full Sail University.

One way we all contribute is by taking advice and processing it with our own beliefs and interests. I wanted to share a few books that I have read prior to entering this career field that helped me individually as an artist in Catching Red and as a promising sound engineer. If you have any specific questions regarding the books below please comment and I'll check back frequently.

Sound Recording Advice (John J. Volanski)
Working With Audio (Stanley R. Alten)
Mixing Audio: Concepts, Practices, and Tools (Roey Izhaki)
Critical Listening Skills for Audio Professionals (F. Alton Everest)
This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession (Daniel J. Levitin)

~~ RETURN TO www.TheGangiSound.com ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please COMMENT! Your feedback and thoughts are encouraged and appreciated!